Dema offers a streamlined return process, primarily managed by individual sellers, who usually provide a 30-day return window and facilitate initiating returns, getting a return label along with guidelines in your Dema app corresponding to each order in the Orders section. While Dema doesn't mandate return policies, we do offer best practice guidelines to sellers. Once a return is initiated and the item is received, allow up to 3-5 business days for your refund to end back in your Dema wallet.
Some items such as health/personal products are non-returnable. Refunds are generally issued to your original payment method. Special rules apply to custom items, bulk and international orders. Additional fees, like return shipping and restocking fees, may apply depending on the seller's policy. For electronic returns, ensure all personal data is removed. Return items should be in the same condition as received.
- Time Frame: Most sellers on Dema offer returns for items within 30 days of receipt of shipment unless otherwise stated in the seller's specific return policy.
- Return Process: Instructions for initiating returns, generating return labels, and options for shipment or drop-off will be provided in the 'Order/Returns' section of your Dema app.
- Seller's Role: Dema does not mandate return policies. Instead, each seller sets their return policies in coordination with Dema's facilities, ensuring a smooth experience for both buyers and sellers.
- Dema's Suggested Policies: Dema provides guidelines on best practices for return policies to aid sellers in crafting their own policies.
- Processing Time: After the carrier receives your item, it can take up to four weeks for the seller to receive and process your return. Dema typically processes returns within 3-5 business days after the seller confirms receipt.
- Some health & personal care products
- Jewelry and items in some restricted categories
- Grocery Products
- Products missing the serial number or UPC
- Software and online subscriptions after they have been accessed
- Items with special shipping restrictions
- Any items that are mentioned non-returnable
- Any items more than 30 days after delivery
- Method: Upon completion of the return process, a refund will be issued to your original payment method (USDC would be returned to your Dema Wallet. You can then, if you choose, send it back to coinbase and withdraw it to your bank).
- Dema Seller Credits: In limited cases, depending on the seller's policy, the seller may request that Dema issue an instant refund as Dema seller credit. This credit can be used exclusively on Dema or as specified in special offers from Dema, or specifically with the issuing seller on Dema, as applicable.
- Bulk Orders: Special conditions may apply for bulk orders.
- Seasonal Items: Items purchased during special seasons may have limited or extended return windows.
- Custom or Handmade Items: These may have special return conditions provided by the seller.
- Defective or Incorrect Items: If you receive a defective or incorrect item, you can ask for a refund, even if the item is not returnable, please contact Dema customer service immediately for assistance.
- International Orders: Return policies for international orders may vary.
Exceptions and Exclusions
- Return Label / Return Shipping costs: In some cases, sellers might charge a return label fee to cover their returns shipping costs, this would be mentioned in their shipping policy.
- Restocking Fees: Some categories or sellers may charge a restocking fee for returned items.
- Partial Refunds: In some cases, only partial refunds may be issued for items that are returned damaged or with missing parts.
- Warranty: Please check if your item is covered by a manufacturer's warranty, as this could affect your return options.
- Data Privacy: Before returning any electronic device, please ensure all personal data is removed.